La Marzocco - KB90 (Automatic / ABR)
To enquire about purchasing or leasing this machine, phone us for details on 0131 656 9565 or leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Pricing information is listed below, but additional discounts may apply. For a personalised quote, please get in touch.
What is the Kb90?
The Kb90 is the latest release from La Marzocco, which has arguably been the biggest innovation in a long time - not just from themselves, but the entire coffee industry on a whole. It contains all the features that you see in the PB ABR such as quarter turn steam knobs, cool to touch steam wands, built in scales and front facing LED with intuitive OS, but it doesn't end there. The Kb90 also boasts multi-boiler technology, auto group purging and front loading portafilters into the group heads - the first machine ever to offer this feature. It's a machine like no other.
Who is this machine right for?
The Kb90 is really for businesses that need a machine without compromise. It is for those who are looking for extreme precision, but that can handle serious volume without missing a beat. It's feature rich, so businesses that would benefit from innovations that contribute towards improved workflow (auto cleaning, auto purge etc) will really see the benefits of a machine like this. Further, those looking to serve multiple coffee types / styles at once with ease will really reap the benefits of the Kb90 too.
The Kb90 encapsulates why La Marzocco machines are considered the best in the world, with a string of key features that make it such a high quality machine:
- Multi Boilers - separate boilers for each brewing group and a separate boiler for hot water & steam. Having separate boilers for each group gives you two key things. Firstly a dedicated boiler for brewing espresso at a precise temperature, which can be programmed to vary for each group based on different coffees or different extraction styles. The service boiler for generating a continued supply of hot water and steam, without impacting the quality of your individual brewing groups in any way.
- ABR - Auto Brew Ratio - taking the process of espresso precision to the next level. With ABR you can work in a up to 3 different modes, to deliver ultra precise espresso extraction over TIME / WEIGHT / VOLUME.
- Fully saturated groups - giving you unrivalled group temperature stability. Group-heads are connected to the brew boiler, so your water travels less distance and maintains a more precise temperature. Further, the group itself is heated maintaining further temperature stability.
- Ruby flow restrictors - keeping your shots consistent all the time. Being able to get repeat recipes of your coffee shots is crucial. If your flow restrictors get scale in them or corrode at all, you will fail to get consistency. Ruby is a material resistant to scale, so resolves this issue. Other manufacturers use cheap metal materials, but La Marzocco manage this challenge for you.
- Programmable buttons - allowing for pre-programmed espresso shots. Repeatability is key and the Linea PB's auto volumetric programmed buttons offer this extremely well. Program as a group flush, single or double shot to suit your needs. Now both buttons can hold 2 programs each.
- Front facing control panel - allowing easy access to all the machines settings. You can now access the PID, cleaning cycles, eco-mode edit pre-infusion, plus view group temperature and shot timers all via a front facing LED making adjustments and control even easier than ever before.
- Dual PID - precision control over your coffee & steam temperature. The temperature always varies, slightly, so having a PID does two key things. Firstly it pulses back to within 0.1c whenever there is variance. Secondly it allows you to alter the setting of the temperature based on the style of coffee you are using to optimise your flavour profile. Additionally being able to accurately control the steam boiler temperature allows you to adjust the steam pressure and intensity of your steam wands.
- Shot timers - Giving you a visual of your shot time during the process. Having your shot time shown on the same LED as your brew temp makes replicating shots and tweaking your recipe and technique even better than before.
- Eco-Mode - giving you access to energy saving features when required. You can now program your machine to power on & off at any time you wish, so no more waiting for your machine to heat up in the morning. You can also program it to fall into idle (low power) mode when it remains unused for a set period.
- Redesigned steam knobs - making the process of steaming milk even easier and less work. The redesign has introduced quarter turn knobs, meaning you no longer need to turn the knob several turns to get full steam power. This makes steaming milk much easier and less intensive during use.
- Automatic cleaning cycles - making the process of machine cleaning faster and less labour intensive. Accessible via the front facing LED panel, you can set up timed cleaning cycles making the end of day cleaning job a whole lot easier.
- Steam flush - an automated burst of steam and flush of hot water flush on your groups, to keep your groups clean between extractions.
- Pro touch steam wands - dual walled steam wands, meaning you never hold / touch a hot steam wand again.
- Stainless steel portafilters - easy to clean and no more dirty group handles. Having stainless steel portafilters is something that all espresso machines should offer, but they don't. They are easier to clean, contribute towards you serving clean / taint free coffee and less maintenance.
Why buy from us?
We are an actual approved La Marzocco partner, with advanced knowledge of their machines. When you buy with us, we will provide you with honest and straightforward information on the right machine for you, not just the most expensive. You can buy outright or purchase via lease to buy through our finance partner, allowing you to get the right machine for your business first time around without cutting corners.
You get a FULL 1 years warranty of parts AND labour, which means that if anything goes wrong in the first year, you're covered without any issues. That means regardless of where you are located, we will have an approved engineer on hand to come to you when it suits you and resolve any issues you are having.
You can download the product brochure for this machine HERE.
You can also download the additional ABR information brochure HERE.
La Marzocco equipment comes with a full 1 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us
- Boilers: Dual Boilers for brew and steam
- Groups: Fully Saturated for thermal stability
- Front facing LED control panel: Programmable group buttons (2 per group) plus a continuous pour button option (dual programming per button), plus access to ABR, PID, Eco Mode, Cleaning Cycles, Shot Timers etc
- Ruby flow restrictors: Resisting scale formation & erosion
- Dual PID: Programmable temperature control for the brew groups and steam / service boilers
- Auto cleaning cycles: Digital programmable cycles via LED panel
- Eco-mode: Program to turn on / off and operate in low power modes
- Steam flush: purging / cleaning groups between extractions
- Quarter turn steam knobs: Fast, low stress milk steaming feature
- Shot timers: Shot timers for each group built into the LED panel
- Performance touch steam wands: (Dual walled / cool to touch)
- Parts: Stainless steel portafilters & precision baskets
- Cup warmer
- High legs version (For take away)
- Groups: 2 or 3 groups
- Dimensions HWD cm: 2-Groups - 45 x 81 x 62. 3-Groups 45 x 105 x 62.
- Weight KG: 2-Groups - 77kg. 3-Groups - 101kg.
- Voltage: 220v Single / 3 Phase. 380v 3 Phase.
- Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5400. 3-Groups - 7300.
- Optional Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5700. 3-Groups - 7800.
- Coffee Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 2 x 1.3L. 3-Groups - 3 x 1.3.
- Steam Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 7L. 3-Groups - 11L.