The original Mythos One was released in 2013 and set the standard for advanced espresso grinding, upping the game and expectations of high quality coffee businesses around the world. Issues around consistency, distribution, volume and overheating were all vastly improved, which acted as a game changer to many people serious about espresso.
Nine years on see's Nuova Simonelli AKA Victoria Arduino release the much anticipated Mythos MY range, which includes the standard 75mm and 85mm timed versions, alongside the 75mm and 85mm gravi-metric versions (grind by weight).
Adding to this range is the incoming MYONE version, which will soon be available for purchase. This is the direct replacement to the most affordable model to date - the Mythos One (Original). The MYONE is the cheapest of the new Mythos Grinder range, so it will likely be the go to grinder balancing quality and price.
Why buy a MYONE?
- It produces very high quality, precision espresso grind that is recognised on an International level within the coffee world.
- It can grind espresso at approx 2.5-3g per second, so a 17g shot takes around 4.5 seconds, so extremely fast.
- It offers an amazing level of temperature control via it's Clima Pro chamber, countering shifts in environmental temperature that impact grind consistency. (Have a cafe that gets either very hot or cold? This features helps you overcome this challenge.)
- It's easy to use and maintain, in terms of cleaning and maintenance with improved access to the grind chamber and chute.
- It can be set up for both standard users and barista modes, so you can control the amount of access users have over the unit.
- It's system results in very low waste, due to it's on-demand dosing, temperature control and ease of use.
What differences are there between the MYONE and the MY75?
- The MYONE does not have a full touch screen like the higher spec models.
- The MYONE does not have the burr distance adjustment option, like all the other higher spec models offer.
What has changed from the original Mythos One?
- Both fans are now on the rear to allow grinders to sit side by side.
- The hopper design has been changed, so that the beans fall backwards themselves, with the previous version needing manual intervention.
- The cleaning process is now considerably easier, with there being just 2 large screws to remove to access the burr set.
- The access to the club crusher has also been updated, with a similar 2 screw access to clean or replace it.
- The Clima Pro temperature control has been updated from being fixed at 40c to adjustable from 30-60c.
- The controls have been upgraded, with a slicker and more premium finish.
- There are now 3 programme buttons to choose from.
- There is a simple 2 button option for increase / decrease of grind time.
- There are 3 modes covering A) Doses, B) Barista and C) Continuous.
- The portafilter holder is now universal, so it can fit all brands including La Marzocco without the need for a separate fork.
Who is the MYONE suitable for?
- Businesses looking to upgrade from a 1st generation Mythos One.
- Businesses looking to upgrade from an older grinder to something that offers superior grind quality, speed and consistency.
- Speciality coffee businesses looking to further up their game.
- Barista's looking to work with the best equipment possible.
Victoria Arduino grinders come with a standard 1 year back to base warranty including parts and labour. *See terms and conditions for further information.
For more information on specification and features, feel free to contact us.