What is the GS3 AV?
This is the GS3 - single group espresso machine. Designed by La Marzocco for both the home enthusiast barista or low volume, quality focused businesses. Designed to the same level of precision and detail as their most commercial machines, but with a mini footprint.
The GS3 is arguably one of the best pro single group espresso machines in the world. It offers unprecedented controls and accuracy, for those who want precision espresso without compromise. It is a joy to use and comes with the level of control that will satisfy even the most die hard coffee aficionado.
• Paddle activated extraction.
• Dual Boilers: Separate boilers optimise espresso brewing and steam.
• Saturated Groups: Ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
• Digital Display: Intuitive programming for easy machine parameter adjustment.
• Hot Water Economiser: Enables you to fine-tune the tap water temperature.
• Thermal Stability System: As water passes through each element, temperature is further stabilised.
• Internal Pump: Self-contained pump without compromising performance.
• Dual PID (coffee and steam): Allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
• Water Reservoir: A self-contained 3.5L water tank makes plumbing optional.
Ruby Flow Restrictors: Resist scale formation and erosion.
What's the build quality like?
It is beautifully crafted, with the amazing finish you would expect from a machine of this standard. Built in a heavy weight steel chassis, it's external is fitted with high grade stainless steel with a chrome finish. Internally it's full of high grade commercial components such as stainless steel boilers, rotary pump & fully saturated group.
AV Vs MP Versions:
Unlike the mechanical paddle version, the AV (auto volumetric) version works very much in the same format as a traditional automatic machine, but with a few extra precision features that you would expect from a machine such as the GS3. This includes precision control over shot time, volume, pre-infusion and of course temperature.
Who is this machine right for?
The GS3 AV is a machine for people who really love coffee with detail & precision. It's not for the casual coffee drinker - more for the obsessive coffee drinker. It offers the same level of quality & precision that their commercial machines offer, but geared for the home coffee drinker, or small business that serves small volumes of coffee to a very high standard.
It is designed for those who would really benefit from (and use) it's advanced features, such as auto volumetrics, pre-infusion, saturated groups and precision temp control, that wish to experiment with variables that will refine different coffee roasts / styles.
Upgrades and customs:
You can now get a modification on your GS3 to add the new wireless software on your iPhone or iPad, as per the Linea Mini. This allows you to program all the key variables such as brew or steam temp, pre-infusion and volumetrics.
Not content with the standard fit out in terms of parts and panels? No problem. You can now upgrade to custom panels in clear, RAL colour or even wood. Plus get all your key parts such as portafilter handle, steam / water knobs and group head cup all done in custom wood.
Why buy from us?
We are an official La Marzocco distributor, which means you get solid guidance on the right model for you. Further, after you purchase you have the reassurance of proper support and service. We have technical staff who know the La Marzocco machines well, giving you the confidence you need to purchase with confidence.
Shipping is done via pallet, secure, safe and reliable. We also bench test every machine before they are shipped out to you, to further ensure perfection and issue free product.
La Marzocco equipment comes with a full 2 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. Please see our terms and conditions page for further information.
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us
• Dimensions: 35.5cm H x 40cm W x 53cm D
• Weight: 34.5KG / 76.1 LBS
• Voltage: 220V Single Phase / 110V Single Phase
• Wattage Elements: 2120 (220V) / 1620 (100V)
• Coffee Boiler Capacity: 1.5L
• Steam Boiler Capacity: 3.5L
• Media on LED set up and programming coming soon.