What is the GB5 s?
The GB5 s is the remodelled version of La Marzocco's classic GB5 machine, originally released back in 2005. It sill retains it's original focus on offering redefined temperature stability via it's dual PID technology, controlling both their brew and steam boilers, keeping it in line with the current high standards of the internal La Marzocco design. It still sits within their range as the more traditional machine in terms of style, with curved lines and old school Italian design, complete with arched corner containing a Marzocco lion for full effect - the only one in the range with this iconic feature. Inside it's still a workhorse, capable of high volume and consistently accurate temperature stability.
What has changed?
The GB5 s evolution is driven by a series of advanced technical features that move it into the territory of elite innovation. It now contains a system for detecting water quality, monitoring the water that enters the system and letting you know how it's hardness and conductivity. This is hugely important for two reasons. Firstly it now provides a way of you properly protecting your equipment against scale. Secondly, being able to control the quality fo your water allows you to refine the quality of your coffee, which will really up the standards.
They have also released an app that you can now access the machines key parameters, allowing you to set profiles, pre-infusion, cleaning cycles etc. But also, allows your engineer to access the machines data to resolve issues remotely instead of having to come to site, saving time, costs and stress caused from downtime.
Who is this machine right for?
If you are a business known for quality coffee or wants to up it's coffee game and you serve coffee at reasonable volumes. You are looking for a serious machine with a good pedigree that will last and not give you any headaches - with a traditional feel and real presence - the GB5 s is a great option.
The GB5 s typifies why La Marzocco machines are considered the best in the world, with a string of key features that make it such a high quality machine:
• Dual Boilers - separate boilers for brewing and steaming. Having separate boilers gives you two key things. Firstly a dedicated boiler for brewing espresso at a precise temperature, which is crucial for quality espresso. The second is for generating a continued supply of hot water and steam, without impacting the quality of your brewing water.
• Fully saturated groups - giving you unrivalled group temperature stability. Group-heads are connected to the brew boiler, so your water travels less distance and maintains a more precise temperature. Further, the group itself is heated maintaining further temperature stability.
• Dual PID - precision control over your coffee & steam temperature. The temperature always varies, slightly, so having a PID does two key things. Firstly it pulses back to within 0.1c whenever there is variance. Secondly it allows you to alter the setting of the temperature based on the style of coffee you are using. Additionally being able to accurately control the steam boiler temperature allows you to adjust the steam pressure and intensity of your steam wands.
• Piero Group Caps - re-engineered water path and flow meter positioning that increases temperature stability.
• Pro App Compatible - electronic board that will allow connectivity to the new La Marzocco Pro App (available mid 2021).
• Digital Display - providing front facing access to all the machines key control parameters such as the PID, group volume programs, cleaning cycles etc.
• Programmable Doses - allowing espresso doses to be programmed / stored into each of the front facing buttons. *Only on AV & ABR versions.
• Ruby flow restrictors - keeping your shots consistent all the time. Being able to get repeat recipes of your coffee shots is crucial. If your flow restrictors get scale in them or corrode at all, you will fail to get consistency. Ruby is a material resistant to scale, so resolves this issue. Other manufacturers use cheap metal materials, but La Marzocco manage this challenge for you.
• Hot water economiser - precision control over the hot water tap temperature. This allows you to finely tune your water temperature for Americano's and Tea. Boiling water is not great for everything, and being able to adjust this is a great feature.
• Stainless steel portafilters - easy to clean and no more dirty group handles. Having stainless steel portafilters is something that all espresso machines should offer, but they don't. They are easier to clean, contribute towards you serving clean / taint free coffee and less maintenance.
You can buy this machine in three difference versions:
Firstly the Automatic (AV) version with 4 pre-programmable buttons per group, it's perfect for settings where programmed shots are required for consistency and reliability. But also as a ABR version, which offers a system of a series of dosing modes via the LED screen, supported by built in scales into the drip tray, resulting in very accurate control, driving quality and managing workflow.
Why buy from us?
We are an actual approved La Marzocco partner, with advanced knowledge of their machines. When you buy with us, we will provide you with honest and straightforward information on the right machine for you, not just the most expensive. You can buy outright or purchase via lease to buy through our finance partner, allowing you to get the right machine for your business first time around without cutting corners.
You get a FULL 2 years warranty of parts AND labour, which means that if anything goes wrong in the two years, you're covered without any issues. That means regardless of where you are located, we will have an approved engineer on hand to come to you when it suits you and resolve any issues you are having.
You can download the product brochure for this machine HERE.
La Marzocco equipment comes with a full 1 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us