Rocket Espresso Cinquantotto R Coffee Machine (R58 - 2020)
Who are Rocket?
Rocket are the market leader for premium grade domestic espresso machines, designed to produce artisan quality coffee for the home or office. They are classic Italian designed espresso machines, constructed from steel and finished in chrome. Rocket machines are known as pro-sumer (commercial grade for domestic use), delivering coffee for domestic use, that's as close to commercial grade as you will find at this level. Handmade in Milan, these E61 manual lever machines combine stylish minimalist design and great temperature stability for perfect espresso.
Why buy from us?
We are a long time Rocket partner, having sold their machines since 2014. We know their range extremely well. We hold parts and carry out all service work in-house (not outsourced). We bench test each and every machine before they get shipped out to you, as despite Rocket doing an exceptional job, there is always scope for issues during the transport of these machines from Milan to the UK. We also pride ourselves on pre and post sale support, making sure you feel you have proper support during the entire process. If you want further guidance, please get in touch over phone or email and we will give you all the help you need.
What is the Rocket Cinquantotto?
The Cinquantotto aka R58 2020 is Rocket’s premium dual boiler domestic machine, geared for use in the home or office, to produce artisan quality coffee. It's the first dual boiler machine in the Rocket range, and arguably the most popular. It comes with separate / dedicated boilers for brew & hot water / steam, shot timer, PID for precision temperature control over both boilers and dual water connections.
It's a classic Italian designed espresso machine, constructed from steel and finished in chrome. Rocket machines are known as pro-sumer (commercial grade for domestic use), delivering coffee for domestic use, that's as close to commercial grade as you will find at this level.
Who is it suited too?
The Cinquantotto is geared towards people wanting to drink amazing quality coffee in the home or office, but with precision control over temperature during the brewing process. If you are interested in playing around with the types of coffee you use (roasts styles or origins), or the way you brew it (varying temperature), then the Cinquantotto if the machine for you.
It's not uncommon for people to upgrade from HX machines too dual boilers once they become more into the quality or precision control of their coffee. That said, more people are going straight for the R58 as their first machine with the view of just going for the best first time around, with the view of avoiding future upgrades.
What is the build quality like?
The Cinquantotto is built like a tank, but with the look and feel of a Mercedes. It weighs around 30KG, so it's reassuringly heavy. The unit is housed around a sold stainless steel chassis, so it's very stable. The attention to detail is exceptional, with excellent finish both inside and outside the machine. It has beautiful clean lines across it's production, which give it a luxury feel.
What's so good about it?
The Rocket Cinquantotto has separate insulated brass boilers for both brewing and steam. These enable simultaneous brewing of espresso and steaming of milk with ultimate temperature control and stability. The fully programmable PID (electronic temperature control), uses sensors inside the boilers to deliver precise temperatures, ensuring stability to within 1°C. This feature allows for precise adjustments to suit specific types of coffee, so totally variable control to suit your needs and tastes.
It contains a commercial grade rotary pump, separate boiler and pump pressure gauges, a cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand, separate hot water tap, a large stainless steel drip tray and a large cup warmer.
The R58 may be classed as a domestic machine, but it is considerably powerful, capable of producing excellent espresso and perfect micro-foam for flat whites, lattes and cappuccinos at a level that is normally only seen in commercial equipment.
What about water connections?
The R58 runs from its internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full kit to connect to main water supply if preferred. It features microprocessor controlled, automatic level controls on the boiler and fresh water reservoir. This means water is automatically drawn from the reservoir into the boiler, plus it protects the boiler from burn out should the supply of water run out.
What has changed since the last version?
- Shot counter built into the front of the machine.
- External controller now touch screen.
- External controller now USB instead of a parallel port.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
Rocket R58 Warranty
The Rocket Cinquantotto / R58 (Dual Boiler) 2020 comes with a 2 year back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. Please see our terms and conditions page for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (weighing 4.05kg).
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter.
- Pre-Infusion: Dual pre-infusion delivered via the thermo siphon E61 group.
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand.
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap.
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Boilers: Separate 0.58L brew and 1.8L service insulated boilers made of pure copper (with lead free brass end plates).
- Pump: Commercial grade rotary pump.
- PID: Externally attached PID providing control over both the brew and steam temperatures.
- Water connections: 2.5l removable internal water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel.
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with stainless surround.
- Drip Tray: Stainless steel drip tray.
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1400w / 220v).
- Weight: 29kg.
- Dimensions: 310mm Width x 440mm Depth x 385mm Height.
- Accessories included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, micro fibre cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD.