The Rocket Appartamento is the newest model from Rocket Espresso Milano.
We’re massive fans of the Rocket kit so we’ve been itching to get our hands on the Appartamento since we heard rumours of it in late 2015.
Why we like it
It is the perfect entry level model to accompany the Evoluzione V2, R58 and R60V in the Rocket range. It has replaced the Cellini Classic and has nicer aesthetics at the sub £1000 price point. It’s a very compact unit so will lend itself to smaller kitchens (or apartments!)
Who’s it for?
The Appartamento is aimed at people who have limited space and a lower budget, but still want a beautiful, high performing espresso machine at home or for the office. This machine fits both those criteria. Ultimately, this machine performs as well as the Premium Plus or Evoluzione models. Same group head, boiler capacity, etc. – it has simply been redesigned and shrunk down to be more kitchen friendly.
- Reduced footprint, making this one of the most compact prosumer espresso machines on the market
- Single, large manometer showing boiler pressure
- Low-profile feet, meaning lower overall height (~20mm shorter)
- Updated steam and hot water knobs (same as R58, with large ‘R’ on steam)
- Choice of copper or white inlaid side panels
- Vibratory pump
- 2.5L water reservoir
What’s in the box?
- User guide
- Plastic cup surround
- Drip tray
- Lightweight metal tamper
- Grouphead cleaning brush
- Backflushing disc
- Boiler size: 1.8L
- Reservoir Capacity: 2.5L
- Power (UK/Watts): 1200w
- Dimensions (mm): 274W x 425D x 360H
- Weight: 20kg
Buy the Rocket Appartamento in copper
Buy the Rocket Appartamento in white