Rocket - R9v - Multi-Boiler / Pressure Profiling (Automatic Volumetrics)
What is the R9v?
The R9v is from Rocket's top of the range premium commercial espresso machine. It boasts a string of features that stand out against any machine out there. Much like Rocket's R9, it's a multi boiler machine offering dedicated boilers, PID, pre-infusion, shot timer and excellent repeatability for each of it's saturated groups. Where it differs from the R9 is that it offers full pressure profiling.
In addition to the above key features, it also offers lever style steam arms, cool to touch steam wands and an adjustable drip tray height - all housed in their signature stainless steel bodies with chrome finish.
Please note that this machine is a bespoke production and takes around 6-8 weeks to produce in Milan and ship to the UK. It requires a 50% deposit to begin production.
Who is this machine right for?
The R9v is a machine designed for medium to high volume cafes looking for a serious statement machine that can delivery on advanced features and quality in equal measure. Feature wise it's on a par with the likes of a La Marzocco Strada MP or EP with multi-boiler technology, saturated groups and pressure profiling, making it a very precise machine in terms of temperature stability and accommodating multiple temperatures and pressure profiles for different coffees at one time. It's a fully automatic machine (AV), so each group has the capacity to program it's shot times, offering precise repeatability of shots, perfect for volume coffee environments.
Rocket machines are a very different style to that of La Marzocco, with their full stainless steel / chrome finishes, that suit a different aesthetic and style. If you are looking for an automatic multi boiler with pressure profiling abilities, the R9v is definitely worth a look.
The R9v demonstrates why Rocket are considered as a serious contender for premium espresso machines, with a string of key features that make it such a high quality machine:
- Multi Boilers (MB) - separate boilers for each brewing group and a separate boiler for hot water & steam. Having separate boilers for each group gives you two key things. Firstly individual brew boilers for brewing espresso at a precise temperature, which can be programmed to vary for each group based on different coffees and / or different extraction styles. Then the service boiler for generating a continued supply of hot water and steam, without impacting the quality of your individual brewing groups in any way.
- Fully saturated groups - giving you amazing group temperature stability. The group-heads are connected to the brew boiler, so your water travels less distance and maintains a more precise temperature. Further, the group itself is heated maintaining further temperature stability.
- Paddle activated groups - providing a seamless and 'hands on' method of starting and ending your shot process. The R9v paddle's give you full control over pre-infusion and shot variables. This feature also makes it easy for you to create & record pressure profiles in a bespoke way to then save and replay.
- Touch Screen (Front facing) - allowing easy access to all the machines settings. The R9v offers a touch pad control above each group, where you can program shot times, pressure profiles, PID settings and time - all at the touch of a button.
- Programmable volumetrics (Via touch screen) - allowing for pre-programmed espresso shots. Repeatability is key and the R9v auto volumetric programmed controls offer this extremely well. Program as a group flush, pre-infusion, single or double shot to suit your needs.
- Pressure profiling (Via touch screen) - providing both preset and adjustable pressure profiles to suit different coffee styles and extractions. The R9v allows you to create the perfect pressure profile to suit your coffee. Further, it allows you to record these profiles (5 in total) and replay them as required. To replay a recorded profile, you just need to activate the paddle with a short movement, and the profile runs as per the recording.
- Dual PID (Via touch screen) - precision control over your coffee & steam temperature. The temperature always varies, slightly, so having a PID does two key things. Firstly it pulses back to within 0.1c whenever there is variance. Secondly it allows you to alter the setting of the temperature based on the style of coffee you are using to optimise your flavour profile. Additionally being able to accurately control the steam boiler temperature allows you to adjust the steam pressure and intensity of your steam wands.
- Shot timers (Via touch screen) - Giving you a visual of your shot time during the process. Having your shot time shown on the same LED as your brew temp makes replicating shots and tweaking your recipe and technique even better than before.
- Eco-Mode (Via touch screen) - giving you access to energy saving features when required. You can now program your machine to power on & off at any time you wish, so no more waiting for your machine to heat up in the morning. You can also program it to fall into idle (low power) mode when it remains unused for a set period.
- Proportional steam valve - level style steam wand activation, for precise and easy to use ergonomics.
- Pro touch steam wands - dual walled steam wands, meaning you never hold / touch a hot steam wand again.
- Adjustable drip tray - making it easy to adjust the space between your drip tray and groups to accommodate different cup heights. Adjustable to between 80-130mm.
Why buy from us?
We are an actual approved Rocket partner, with advanced knowledge of their machines. When you buy with us, we will provide you with honest and straightforward information on the right machine for you, not just the most expensive. You can buy outright or purchase via lease to buy through our finance partner, allowing you to get the right machine for your business first time around without cutting corners.
You get a FULL 1 years warranty of parts AND labour, which means that if anything goes wrong in the first year, you're covered without any issues. That means regardless of where you are located, we will have an approved engineer on hand to come to you when it suits you and resolve any issues you are having.
You can download the product brochure for this machine HERE.
Rocket equipment comes with a full 1 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us
- Boilers: Multi Boilers for each brew group and steam boiler
- Groups: Fully Saturated for thermal stability
- Front facing touch screen control panel: Access shot options, program shot lengths, pressure profiles, shot timer and access PID.
- PID: Programmable temperature control for the brew groups and steam / service boilers
- Pressure Profiling: Accessed via the touch screen (5 profiles)
- Shot timers: Shot timers for each group via the touch screen
- Performance touch steam wands: (Dual walled / cool to touch)
- Version: Adjustable height drip tray (Standard or Takeaway)
- Groups: 2 or 3 groups
- Dimensions WDH cm: 2-Groups - 76 x 59 x 57.8. 3-Groups 98 x 59 x 57.8.
- Weight KG: 2-Groups - 77kg. 3-Groups - 101kg.
- Voltage: 220v Single / 3 Phase. 380v 3 Phase.
- Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5600 (5.6Kw). 3-Groups - 7400 (7.4Kw).
- Optional Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5700. 3-Groups - 7800.
- Coffee Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 2 x 1.9L. 3-Groups - 3 x 1.9.
- Steam Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 9L. 3-Groups - 12L.