Rocket - R9 - Multi-Boiler (Automatic Volumetrics)
To enquire about purchasing or leasing this machine, phone us for details on 0131 656 9565 or leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Pricing information is listed below, but additional discounts may apply. For a personalised quote, please get in touch.
What is the R9?
The R9 is from Rocket's range of premium commercial espresso machines, alongside the Doppia and the R9v. It's a fully automatic machine, offering multiple pre-programmable buttons per group for volumetric shots. It also offer multi boiler technology, with separate boilers for each group and steam, PID temp control, fully saturated groups and lever style steam arms - all housed in their signature stainless steel bodies with chrome finish.
Who is this machine right for?
The R9 is a machine designed for medium to high volume cafes looking for a statement machine that can delivery on features and quality in equal measure. Feature wise it's on a par with the likes of a La Marzocco Strada with multi-boiler technology and saturated groups, making it a very precise machine in terms of temperature stability and accommodating multiple temperatures for different coffees at one time. It's a full automatic (AV), so the groups are all driven by programmable buttons for repeatability of shots, perfect for volume coffee environments. Rocket machines are a very different style to that of La Marzocco, with their full stainless steel / chrome finishes, that suit a different aesthetic and style. If you are looking for a multi boiler with automatic programmed shots, the R9 is definitely worth a look.
The R9 demonstrates why Rocket are considered as a serious contender for premium espresso machines, with a string of key features that make it such a high quality machine:
- Multi Boilers - separate boilers for each brewing group and a separate boiler for hot water & steam. Having separate boilers for each group gives you two key things. Firstly a dedicated boiler for brewing espresso at a precise temperature, which can be programmed to vary for each group based on different coffees or different extraction styles. The service boiler for generating a continued supply of hot water and steam, without impacting the quality of your individual brewing groups in any way.
- Fully saturated groups - giving you unrivalled group temperature stability. Group-heads are connected to the brew boiler, so your water travels less distance and maintains a more precise temperature. Further, the group itself is heated maintaining further temperature stability.
- Programmable buttons - allowing for pre-programmed espresso shots. Repeatability is key and the Linea PB's auto volumetric programmed buttons offer this extremely well. Program as a group flush, single or double shot to suit your needs. Now both buttons can hold 2 programs each.
- Front facing control panel - allowing easy access to all the machines settings. You can now access the PID, cleaning cycles, eco-mode edit pre-infusion, plus view group temperature and shot timers all via a front facing LED making adjustments and control even easier than ever before.
- Dual PID - precision control over your coffee & steam temperature. The temperature always varies, slightly, so having a PID does two key things. Firstly it pulses back to within 0.1c whenever there is variance. Secondly it allows you to alter the setting of the temperature based on the style of coffee you are using to optimise your flavour profile. Additionally being able to accurately control the steam boiler temperature allows you to adjust the steam pressure and intensity of your steam wands.
- Shot timers - Giving you a visual of your shot time during the process. Having your shot time shown on the same LED as your brew temp makes replicating shots and tweaking your recipe and technique even better than before.
- Eco-Mode - giving you access to energy saving features when required. You can now program your machine to power on & off at any time you wish, so no more waiting for your machine to heat up in the morning. You can also program it to fall into idle (low power) mode when it remains unused for a set period.
- Proportional steam valve - level style steam wand activation, for precise and easy to use ergonomics.
- Pro touch steam wands - dual walled steam wands, meaning you never hold / touch a hot steam wand again.
Why buy from us?
We are an actual approved Rocket partner, with advanced knowledge of their machines. When you buy with us, we will provide you with honest and straightforward information on the right machine for you, not just the most expensive. You can buy outright or purchase via lease to buy through our finance partner, allowing you to get the right machine for your business first time around without cutting corners.
You get a FULL 1 years warranty of parts AND labour, which means that if anything goes wrong in the first year, you're covered without any issues. That means regardless of where you are located, we will have an approved engineer on hand to come to you when it suits you and resolve any issues you are having.
You can download the product brochure for this machine HERE.
Rocket equipment comes with a full 1 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us
- Boilers: Multi Boilers for each brew group and steam boiler
- Groups: Fully Saturated for thermal stability
- Front facing LED control panel: Programmable group buttons (2 per group) plus a continuous pour button option (dual programming per button), plus access to PID, Shot Timers etc
- Dual PID: Programmable temperature control for the brew groups and steam / service boilers
- Shot timers: Shot timers for each group built into the LED panel
- Performance touch steam wands: (Dual walled / cool to touch)
- Cup warmer
- High legs version (For take away)
- Groups: 2 or 3 groups
- Dimensions WDH cm: 2-Groups - 76 x 59 x 49.7. 3-Groups 98 x 59 x 49.7.
- Weight KG: 2-Groups - 77kg. 3-Groups - 101kg.
- Voltage: 220v Single / 3 Phase. 380v 3 Phase.
- Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5900 (5.9Kw). 3-Groups - 7700 (7.7Kw).
- Optional Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5700. 3-Groups - 7800.
- Coffee Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 2 x 1.9L. 3-Groups - 3 x 1.9.
- Steam Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 9L. 3-Groups - 12L.