Rocket Espresso Cronometro V Giotto HX Coffee Machine
The Cronometro Type V (2019) - HX (Heat Exchanger) is Rocket’s mid range domestic machine, aimed at home users that want artisan quality coffee. Handmade in Milan, these E61 manual lever machines combine stylish minimalist design and great temperature stability for perfect espresso.
This version is for the Giotto design, which is the diamond sides design.
Please note: All Rocket's machines are hand built in Milan, ordered direct from their factory to match your order precisely.
The Cronometro Type V is in the middle of their range. By that we mean that it has an HX design, which is essentially a single boiler with a clever tweak that can deliver separate / stable temperatures for both A) Brewing espresso, and B) Hot water & steam.
It's heat exchanger design features an optimised ‘boiler capacity to thermo siphon system ratio’. This technology results in a fast heat up time and stable, separate temperatures for both brew and steam, allowing you to brew espresso and steam milk simultaneously.
The Cronometro V is the version with a vibration pump, as opposed to the R version which boasts a rotary pump.
Water feed options:
It runs from an internal reservoir only and can't be plumbed in to run from a mains water connection. It has microprocessor controlled, automatic level controls on the boiler and fresh water reservoir. This means water is automatically drawn from the reservoir into the boiler, plus it protects the boiler from burn out, should the supply of water run out. The internal reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray. It also comes with a number of accessories (see technical info below for more details).
This new version also includes a PID that allows you to control you brew temperature to 1 degree C for espresso extraction. The unit is located inside the drip tray to avoid detracting from the aesthetics of the machine.
Other key features include:
- Hight adjustable feet
- Shot timer
- Vibration pump
The Cronometro Type V (2019) - HX is a beautifully crafted and robust, high performing HX machine that delivers fantastic results with style, in a way that only Rocket can.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
The Cronometro Type V (2019) - HX comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. Please see our terms and conditions page for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (weighing 4.05kg)
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter
- Pre-Infusion: Dual pre-infusion delivered via the thermo siphon E61 group
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges
- Boilers: 1.8L insulated pure (Cu 99.9%) copper boiler (with brass end plates)
- PID: Yes
- Shot timer: Yes
- Pump: Vibration pump
- Internal water reservoir: 2.5L removable internal water reservoir
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with minimal surround
- Drip Tray: Large stainless steel drip tray
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1200w / 220v)
- Water connections: Internal reservoir ONLY
- Weight: 25.4 kg
- Dimensions: 280mm Width x 425mm Depth x 400mm Height
- Included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, micro-fibre cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD
- No user info as yet