Rancilio - Silvia Pro - Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
The Rancilio Silvia has been around since 1997, and is considered the best single boiler machine out there in terms of build quality and reliability. But despite this accolade, it's still a single boiler, in a neat semi automatic machine design.
It's been a long time coming, but Rancilio have now released the Silvia Pro, which is the Silvia with a dual boiler system. For a domestic semi auto machine of this quality and reputation, this is a big deal.
What's new with the Silvia Pro?
Rancilio have taken the original Silvia and gave what was already an amazing machine, a serious upgrade. It now offers the same precision dual boiler technology as many of the other leading brands such as Rocket, Profitec etc, but at a much lower price point and in a semi automatic format (button activated, instead of lever control).
It comes complete with a dedicated PID which can control the temperature of the brew water to 1 degree Fahrenheit, giving you serious accuracy for espresso brewing. This feature, joined by dual boilers takes it into a new category of machines that are considered much higher quality.
Why is it worth considering?
- It is exceptionally well built.
- It has a very simple and effective semi automatic operating system.
- It has a commercial grade 58mm portafilter / group-head.
- It has a very well designed and powerful steam wand.
- It has proper dual boiler technology.
- It contains a PID with precision temperature control.
- It contains a shot timer and water level alert.
- They are very well supported, by us and Rancilio.
What can it do?
With it's new dual boiler system, it can now properly brew coffee and steam milk at the same time, so no more faffing around or guess work. Due to it's PID system, you can adjust the brew boiler temperature to meet the demands of different types of coffee (Origins) and roast profiles (Lighter or darker roasts). It also means that with this extra level of professional control, you can brew much (MUCH) better coffee, without ever having to play the guessing game of where your machines temperature is sitting, which is what single boilers have always suffered from.
In addition to the above key design, it also has the the amazing 'Wake Up' function, allowing you to set it's power on time. So your machine is powered on and heated, ready for that morning coffee.
Is it better than a bean to cup?
The Silvia Pro is a completely different approach to a B2C, in that it is manual, while a B2C machine is fully automated. The benefit you get from a machine like this, is that with a little input, you can make much better coffee than you ever will do on a B2C unit. They are also much better built, and will last much longer than any fancy gadget with too many lights.
You will need a separate grinder to pair with it, as the Silvia is a stand alone espresso machine. Think Hifi separates that do a better job individually, but when put together, they are much better than any 'all in one'.
Please note: We offer a Rancilio bottomless portafilter that works with this machine, which you can view HERE.
This machine comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty with Machina. *See terms and conditions for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Dimensions: WDH: 25mm x 420mm x 290mm
- Portafilter: Industry standard, high grade 58mm portafilter
- Steam wand: Stainless steel
- Boilers: Brew - 0.3L / Steam - 1L
- Boiler Power: 1100w
- Voltage: 230v
- Pump: Vibration pump
- Internal water reservoir: 2L removable internal water reservoir
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel
- Cup tray: Adjustable large cup tray with minimal surround
- Drip Tray: Large stainless steel drip tray
- Weight: 20kg