Rancilio - Silvia E - Black - v6 (2020)
Until now, we have only ever sold HX (heat exchanger) and DB (dual boiler) machines. The Silvia is, by all accounts, the best single boiler machine in the market - and the only single boiler machine we would ever consider selling.
If you are looking for a home espresso machine and do not want to pay more than £500, this IS the best machine in the market. Other options in this price range include Dualit, Morphy Richards, Di-Longhi etc - all of which are a poor alternative in comparison.
This is for a few key reasons:
- It is exceptionally well built.
- It has a very simple and effective operating system.
- It has a commercial grade 58mm portafilter / group-head.
- Is has proven itself over time to be a very reliable product.
- It has a very well designed and powerful steam wand.
- They are very well supported, by us and Rancilio.
What can / can't it do?
Single boilers do have limitations, in that they do not offer the same temperature precision as prosumer equipment (Rocket etc). But for home use they are as accurate as many people need, unless you want to develop coffee drinking into a mild - extreme obsession. That said, they pull very good shots of espresso and steam milk quickly and to an exceptional quality. They do need a very short period of time to jump from brewing to steaming milk, but all machines at this price point do.
Is it better than a bean to cup?
The Silvia is a completely different approach to a B2C, in that it is manual, while a B2C machine is fully automated. The benefit you get from a machine like this, is that with a little input, you can make much better coffee than you ever will do on a B2C unit. They are also much better built, and will last much longer than any fancy gadget with too many lights.
You also need a separate grinder to pair with it, as the Silvia is a stand alone espresso machine. Think Hifi separates that do a better job individually, but when put together, they are much better than any 'all in one'.
What Rancilio say:
Influenced by modern design, Silvia is perfect for any type of décor and offers totally professional levels of performance and reliability. Thanks to Silvia, you no longer have to choose between style and functionality or design and performance. Experience the pleasure of a perfect professional espresso.
Key Technical Features:
- Supporting structure: in black-painted steel
- Body and control panel: in satin-finish stainless
- Steel high thermal accumulation boiler
- Brewing unit and boiler: in a special lead-free alloy
- Professional brewing unit and filter holder
- Filters with 1 and 2 doses, measuring scoop, tamper
This machine comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty with Machina. *See terms and conditions for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Dimensions: WDH - 235mm x 290mm x 340mm
- Portafilter: Industry standard, high grade 58mm portafilter
- Steam wand: Stainless steel
- Boilers: Single 0.3L
- Boiler Power: 1100w
- Voltage: 230v
- Pump: Vibration pump
- Internal water reservoir: 2.5L removable internal water reservoir
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with minimal surround
- Drip Tray: Large stainless steel drip tray
- Water connections: Internal reservoir only
- Weight: 14kg
- No media as yet