Puqpress is the worlds first ever automatic precision tamper.
If you want to vastly improve the quality and consistency of your coffee tamping in a busy environment, this is the tool for you.
Please note: This version is Q2, the latest version. It only comes in Black or White and is available in all 3 sizes including 53mm (La Spaziale), 58mm (Industry standard without precision baskets), and 58.3mm (Precision / Competition baskets)
We also sell the following versions:
Q1 the original release
M1 (to work with the Mahlkonig or Ditting Peak & Vario range of grinders)
M2 (to work with Mythos One & Two grinders)
It is designed to remove the variable input from the tamping process performed by Barista's, which often leads to inconsistent coffee extraction and increased waste.
Regardless of which staff member is making coffee, tamping levels will always be perfectly level, due to the unique patented clamping mechanism. Perfect tamping means:
- Better espresso shots
- Less waste
- Reduced barista calibration
Tamping pressure is digitally adjustable from 10kg to 30kg of force to ensure 100% consistency between baristas. Guaranteed to reduce barista injuries and fatigue caused by manual tamping.
The tamping process takes only 1.3 seconds, meaning it's faster to use the PuqPress than to tamp by hand. The compact design makes PuqPress the perfect solution for increased workflow and fits neatly between the grinder and espresso machine.
It comes set to hold a 58mm tamper, but has adjustable height for different types of portafilters. This height can be adjusted manually using an Allen key.
What's new in this version:
- The new version offers a "Precision Tamp" setting, that causes zero suction and allows baristas to use a bigger diameter tamper base to optimise extraction.
- It's tamp is even more level and it needs less cleaning on the job than before.
- It has the same small foot print as Q1 but comes in Matt Black or Matt White.
- Together with the aluminium finished details it looks stunning on every counter.