La Marzocco - Strada AV (Automatic volumetrics)
To enquire about purchasing or leasing this machine, phone us for details on 0131 656 9565 or leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Pricing information is listed below, but additional discounts may apply. For a personalised quote, please get in touch.
What is the Strada AV?
The Strada (The Street) range was created with a concept in mind; created by barista's for baristas - and the outcome was a machine like no other. It boasts all the key features of the higher end La Marzocco machines such as multi boiler design, cool touch steam wands, dual PID and eco modes, but what sets it apart is it's use of space through design & ergonomics. It's style is spacious with everything on view, including the fully saturated groups and long proportional (lever style) steam arms. What started as a concept for speciality with the versions - EP (Electronic Paddle), MP (Mechanical Paddle) and EE (Semi Auto) quickly added this - the AV (Auto Volumetric) version, as it became clear that the Strada was a game changer, but required pre-programmed dosing to appeal to those out-with the roaster community or businesses that needed faster workflow.
Who is this machine right for?
The Strada AV is a machine designed for coffee focused businesses, balancing a high level of precision and control with the ability to handle volume. It is designed to cater for sit in and rapid take away with it's ultra spacious drip tray area laid out for tall cups. It's geared for those looking for not just a quality espresso machine, but one with a a huge presence that will benefit from it's range of excellent features, elegance and luxurious use of space. This machine is not a case of style over substance, but more a case of carefully balanced style alongside serious quality and workflow.
The Strada AV really captures why La Marzocco machines are considered the best in the world. Below are some of the key features that set it apart:
- Independant Boilers - separate boilers for each brewing group and a separate boiler for hot water & steam. Having separate boilers for each group gives you two key things. Firstly a dedicated boiler for brewing espresso at a precise temperature, which can be programmed to vary for each group based on different coffees or different extraction styles. The service boiler for generating a continued supply of hot water and steam, without impacting the quality of your individual brewing groups in any way.
- Dual PID - precision control over your coffee & steam temperature. The temperature always varies, slightly, so having a PID does two key things. Firstly it pulses back to within 0.1c whenever there is variance. Secondly it allows you to alter the setting of the temperature based on the style of coffee you are using to optimise your flavour profile. Additionally being able to accurately control the steam boiler temperature allows you to adjust the steam pressure and intensity of your steam wands.
- Hot water economiser - enables you to finely tune the temperature of your hot water tap for tea.
- Tall cups feature - enough room under the groups to place large cups to accommodate takeaway with lots of space.
- O-LED display - providing front facing access to the full menu controlling all the machines key parameters, such as temperatures, language, pre-infusion and eco-mode etc.
- Ruby flow restrictors - keeping your shots consistent all the time. Being able to get repeat recipes of your coffee shots is crucial. If your flow restrictors get scale in them or corrode at all, you will fail to get consistency. Ruby is a material resistant to scale, so resolves this issue. Other manufacturers use cheap metal materials, but La Marzocco manage this challenge for you.
- Proportional steam valve - level style steam wand activation, for proportional solenoid steam valve reducing the need for regular maintenance.
- Saturated & exposed groups - fully on view groups which adds to the overall feel of the machine and space. The saturated design gives you unrivalled group temperature stability. Group-heads are connected to the brew boiler, so your water travels less distance and maintains a more precise temperature. Further, the group itself is heated maintaining further temperature stability.
- Eco-Mode - giving you access to energy saving features when required. You can now program your machine to power on & off at any time you wish, so no more waiting for your machine to heat up in the morning. You can also program it to fall into idle (low power) mode when it remains unused for a set period.
- Programmable doses - full AV programmable controls are positioned on top of each group head. Repeatability is key and the Strada AV's auto volumetric design offers this extremely well. Program as a group flush, single or double shot to suit your needs.
- Pro touch steam wands - dual walled steam wands, meaning you never hold / touch a hot steam wand again. Designed with lever activation, keeping their use in line with the alternative. but elegant Strada style.
Why buy from us?
We are an actual approved La Marzocco partner, with advanced knowledge of their machines. When you buy with us, we will provide you with honest and straightforward information on the right machine for you, not just the most expensive. You can buy outright or purchase via lease to buy through our finance partner, allowing you to get the right machine for your business first time around without cutting corners.
You get a FULL 1 years warranty of parts AND labour, which means that if anything goes wrong in the first year, you're covered without any issues. That means regardless of where you are located, we will have an approved engineer on hand to come to you when it suits you and resolve any issues you are having.
You can download the product brochure for this machine HERE.
You can also download the additional ABR information brochure HERE.
La Marzocco equipment comes with a full 1 year parts & labour warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on price, terms, specification and features, please contact us
- Independant boilers: Separate boilers for each group and a large dedicated service boiler for hot water and steam
- Thermal stability system: As water passes through each element, water temperature is further stabilised
- Dual PID: Programmable temperature control for each boiler across the brew groups and hot water / steam (service)
- Hot water economiser: Adjustable temperature controlled water for tea
- Tall cups: A luxury of space giving you the ability to serve takeaway with tall cups at ease
- Insulated boilers: Reduced energy consumption, whilst contributing towards excellent temperature stability
- Exposed groups: Fully Saturated and exposed for thermal stability and feel
- O-LED display control panel: Intuitive programming with full and easy access to the machines parameters, such as eco mode, cleaning cycles, language and shot timers etc
- Proportional steam valve: Lever style steam wand activation, with feature to reduce required maintenance
- Portafilters and precision baskets: Stainless steel PF's supporting easy cleaning and improved coffee quality, containing precise Strada baskets as standard
- Eco-mode: Program to turn on / off and operate in low power modes
- USB: Connectivity for upgrading the operating system
- Programmable doses: Precision auto volumetrics, ensuring ongoing repeatability and consistency in high volume settings
- Performance touch steam wands: Dual walled / cool to touch
- Cup warmer
- Personalised colour (RAL colour coding)
- Groups: 2 or 3 groups
- Dimensions HWD cm: 2-Groups - 47.5 x 80 x 67.5. 3-Groups 47.5 x 100 x 67.5.
- Weight KG: 2-Groups - 85kg. 3-Groups - 102kg.
- Voltage: 220v Single / 3 Phase. 380v 3 Phase.
- Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 4500 (200v) / 4600 (220-380v). 3-Groups - 5500 (200v) / 6400 (220-380v).
- Optional Wattage Elements: 2-Groups - 5700. 3-Groups - 7800.
- Coffee Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 2 x 1.3L. 3-Groups - 3 x 1.3.
- Steam Boiler Capacity L: 2-Groups - 8.2L. 3-Groups - 11.8L.