In stock now - available for next day shipping.
Who are Compak?
Compak are from Barcelona. They make amazing quality grinders that are very robust, east to use, offer intuitive controls and are housed in a very sleek design, all contributing towards what is an amazing brand.
Their two ranges are the E (Essential range) which are built around the traditional collar adjustment. We sell the E5 on this range. Then they offer the F (Fresh range), which are controlled from a side adjustment wheel providing a digital reading of grind setting. We sell the F8 & this model the F8 DBW (Dose by Weight), which is the equivalent of the Mahlkonig E80 grinder, but with Grind by Weight technology inbuilt.
What is the F8 DBW?
The F8 is a commercial grinder with 83mm flat burrs and DBW (Dose by weight) technology. It offers a digital wheel for grind adjustment that is very precise and easy to use. This data, alongside other key variables such as a shot timer, multi-dose buttons, shot counter and lock mode are all accessed via the digital panel on top of the unit.
Why would I choose this grinder?
If you are looking for a premium espresso grinder that can handle volume, does not overheat, looks stylish and is very precise, plus you think that grinding by weight is of value to your bar setup, this could be the perfect grinder for you.
Key product facts:
• It has a powerful, but slower RPM motor that allows fast grinding at low heat.
• It has 83mm burrs that allow super fast grinding.
• It has a side fitted micrometric grind adjustment wheel that is very precise and easy to use. Probably the closest and most effective alongside the Mythos grind adjustment mechanism.
• It has an adjustable portafilter fork that will move to fit any option / brand.
• It has an easy to use front facing control pad offering timed / pre-programmed, manual or continuous dosing. Plus shot counter and language control.
• Easy to use dose by weight technology. Inset your portafilter, tare you scale, dose your volume of coffee and achieve repeatable coffee dosing.
How does it compare to the Mythos One?
It is also more traditional in terms of style / layout (hopper style and controls). It's arguably better built, with a very finished feel. It has bigger burrs, so faster grinding. It has a 1290rpm motor over the Mythos's 1400rpm, meaning less rotations and lower heat being generated. It has the same 'style' of grind adjustment mechanism, on the side instead of the front face.
Compak offer a choice of burrs. You can either have standard steel burrs, or pay extra for Red Speed Lucidate Burrs:
These burrs offer lower friction & lower temperature. Even after 3000 Kg of coffee, the burrs will perform as if it were their first day of use thanks to the low coefficient of friction and specially hardened material.
You can choose your burr option in the dropdown on this listing.
Compak grinders come with a standard 1 year back to base parts warranty. *See our terms and conditions for further information
Unsure if this grinder is a good match with your espresso machine? see our Grinder Guide
For more information on specification and features, feel free to contact us.