Rocket Espresso R NINE ONE Coffee Machine (Dual Boiler / Pressure Profiling)
**OUT OF STOCK - PREORDER NOW - 8 WEEK LEAD TIME**
**PLEASE NOTE: PRICES GO UP ON ALL ROCKET MACHINES FROM 1ST SEPT BY 5-7.5% - BUY BEFORE 30TH AUG TO BUY AT THIS PRICE**
Edinburgh or Lothian resident? Use code EHROCKET for free delivery and installation (terms and conditions apply)
WHAT IS THE R NINE ONE?
The Rocket R9 ONE (Dual Boiler) is Rocket's top of the range dual boiler pressure profiling machine. It's the peak of their research & development products to date, offering an amazing level of control over the espresso extraction process. As well as being a dual boiler it boasts a fully saturated group-head, cool to touch steam wand, slayer style steam activation arm, touch screen controls and paddle activated shots. It also has the capacity of choosing between reservoir or main water supply.
WHO IS IT SUITED TO?
The R NINE ONE is geared towards those who want ultimate control over every variable in the espresso making process, with zero compromise. This includes precision control over the temperature in both service and brew boilers plus the pressure and time of the extraction. Further, it is designed to offer record and re-play functionality over the shot time and pressure(including pre-infusion). For those who like to experiment with the espresso making process and have the ability to play back that 'perfect shot' it really is about as good as it gets.
WHAT IS THE BUILD QUALITY LIKE?
The R NINE ONE is built like a tank. It weighs around 45KG, so it's reassuringly heavy. The unit is housed around a solid stainless steel chassis, so it's very stable. The attention to detail is exceptional, with excellent finish both inside and outside the machine. It has beautiful clean lines across it's production, which give it a luxury feel.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Once the reservoir is filled up, it takes around 12 mins to get fully up to temperature (20 if you want to see full heat transfer across the entire machine). It's a manual activated machine, with shots triggered by using the paddle on top of the group cap.
It has the capacity to add pre-infusion and change the pressure of each shot across a series of points during the extraction process, which appears as a graph on the touch screen as you carry out the extraction. If you decide that the shot profile that you just created was a good one, you can save that action in one of the 5 recording slots and reply it on demand.
You can use the machine in fully manual mode if you wish, or replay the shots that you have recorded. If you replay recordings, you do so by choosing the recording you want, then activate it by moving the paddle slightly to the right to start it, then watch the recording carry out the entire process for you.
THE TOUCH SCREEN:
Once inside the menu, you can access the shot timer, the recorded profiles (or empty banks to record too), the PID settings for both boilers, the switch control between the reservoir and the main water connection and the pressure profiling / pre-infusion settings.
OTHER KEY FEATURES:
It has separate (cool to touch) steam wand for steaming milk and hot water tap for topping up black coffees.
It's a stand alone machine, so you need a separate grinder to run alongside it (See HERE). We highly recommend a grinder that has 65mm burrs, as the R NINE ONE is capable of extracting amazing quality, but requires a good quality grinder that is capable of providing high quality grind that can match the R NINE ONE's performance.
WHAT ROCKET SAY:
The R NINE ONE was developed to bring the very best of our commercial machine development programme into a machine capable of outstanding results. Designed for use in a small commercial application or home environment.
Thermal stability through the Rocket Espresso fully saturated group system, coupled with digital PID temperature control
Pre and Post infusion controlled through a full pressure profiling system, using the 5 preset programmes or via manual control through the Rocket Espresso paddle system.
Direct water connection or built in water reservoir, an espresso machine designed to deliver spectacular results in the cup, through both stability and flexibility of control parameters.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
The Rocket R NINE ONE comes with a standard 2 back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. Please see our terms and conditions page for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial grade fully saturated brew group.
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter.
- Pre-Infusion: Yes, via pressure profiling settings.
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand.
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap.
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Display: Graphic colour touch screen
- Boilers: Separate 1.9L brew and 3.6L service insulated boilers.
- Pump: Commercial grade rotary pump.
- Water connections: removable internal water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel.
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with stainless surround.
- Drip Tray: Stainless steel drip tray.
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1200w / 220v).
- Weight: 48kg.
- Dimensions: 410mm Width x 505mm Depth x 430mm Height.
- Included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, micro-fibre cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD.
Further features which make this machine ideal for home use, include:
- Dual pre-infusion (pre-wetting of the ‘puck’ at a lower pressure to allow to grinds to expand – enabling a more evenly pulled shot of espresso)
- Runs from an internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full connection kit to connect to main water supply if preferred
- Microprocessor controlled auto cut off function, protects the boiler from burn out if the supply of water runs out
- Auto boiler refill function, drawing water from either the mains or reservoir when required
- Internal reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray
- Commercial grade rotary pump
- Separate pump and boiler pressure gauges
- Cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand
- Separate hot water tap
- Large cup tray / warmer