Rocket R60V v2 - Dual Boiler (Pressure Profiling)
TO PRE-ORDER - PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ON 0131 656 9565 / firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE: PRICES GO UP ON ALL ROCKET MACHINES FROM 1ST SEPT BY 5-7.5% - THIS IS THE LAST REMAINING STOCK AT THIS PRICE**
WE BENCH TEST ALL MACHINES BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED TO YOU. THIS GUARANTEES THAT YOUR MACHINE IS IN PERFECT CONDITION AND FAULT FREE. WE ARE THE ONLY UK SELLER THAT PROVIDES THIS SERVICE.
Who are Rocket?
Rocket are the market leader for premium grade domestic espresso machines, designed to produce artisan quality coffee for the home or office. They are classic Italian designed espresso machines, constructed from steel and finished in chrome. Rocket machines are known as pro-sumer (commercial grade for domestic use), delivering coffee for domestic use, that's as close to commercial grade as you will find at this level. Handmade in Milan, these E61 manual lever machines combine stylish minimalist design and great temperature stability for perfect espresso.
Why buy from us?
We are a long time Rocket partner, having sold their machines since 2014. We know their range extremely well. We hold parts and carry out all service work in-house (not outsourced). We bench test each and every machine before they get shipped out to you, as despite Rocket doing an exceptional job, there is always scope for issues during the transport of these machines from Milan to the UK. We also pride ourselves on pre and post sale support, making sure you feel you have proper support during the entire process. If you want further guidance, please get in touch over phone or email and we will give you all the help you need.
What is the Rocket R60v?
The R60v is Rocket’s dual boiler / pressure profiling domestic machine. It's the second dual boiler machine in the Rocket range (After the R58). Just like the R58 it offers a rotary pump, dual water connection (reservoir & mains) and a PID for precision temperature control.
Where the R60v adds extra is it's ability to offer pressure profiling. Traditionally 9 bar of pump pressure extracts the flavours and oils from the coffee to produce espresso. The R60v with a unique pressure profile system, allows further enhancement in the cup with the ability to fine tune pump pressure over the course of the extraction.
The system offers a five step approach to allow the extraction to be split into five different time intervals, each allowing for a different pressure to be programmed, making it possible to both ramp up or ramp down pump pressure depending on the coffee type and flavours being chased. The communication pod allows adjustments to be made through a remote controller or through the machine wifi system which will display real time temperatures, pressures and extraction times.
It's a classic Italian designed espresso machine, constructed from steel and finished in chrome. Rocket machines are known as pro-sumer (commercial grade for domestic use), delivering coffee for domestic use, that's as close to commercial grade as you will find at this level.
Who is it suited too?
The R60v is geared towards people wanting to drink amazing quality coffee in the home or office, but with precision control over temperature & pressure during the brewing process. If you are interested in playing around with the types of coffee you use (roasts styles or origins), the way you brew it (varying temperature) or the length of your espresso shots and the pressure that occurs at each stage, then the R60v is a machine you probably want to take a look at.
What is the build quality like?
The R60v is built like a tank, but with the look and feel of a Mercedes. It weighs around 30KG, so it's reassuringly heavy. The unit is housed around a sold stainless steel chassis, so it's very stable. The attention to detail is exceptional, with excellent finish both inside and outside the machine. It has beautiful clean lines across it's production, which give it a luxury feel.
What about water connections?
The R60v runs from its internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full kit to connect to main water supply if preferred. It features microprocessor controlled, automatic level controls on the boiler and fresh water reservoir. This means water is automatically drawn from the reservoir into the boiler, plus it protects the boiler from burn out should the supply of water run out.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
Rocket R60v Warranty
The Rocket R60v (Dual Boiler) 2020 comes with a 2 year back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. Please see our terms and conditions page for further information.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (4.05kg).
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter.
- Pre-Infusion: Dual pre-infusion delivered via the thermo siphon E61.
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand.
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap.
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Boilers: Separate 0.58L brew and 1.8L service insulated boilers made of pure copper (with lead free brass end plates).
- Pump: Commercial grade rotary pump.
- PID / Pressure Profiling: Externally attached control POD including controls for the PID (brew and steam temperatures), alongside pressure profiling settings.
- Water connections: 2.5l removable internal water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel.
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with stainless surround.
- Drip Tray: Stainless steel drip tray.
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1400w / 220v).
- Weight: 29KG.
- Dimensions: 310mm Width x 440mm Depth x 390mm Height.
- Accessories included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, micro fibre cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD.